Rules of Discipline
Rules of Discipline
The smooth functioning of the College depends upon observance of discipline by the students. The College can help the students better when Rules of Discipline are observed properly. Violation of these rules deprives the students of the advantages of different facilities provided by the College. Following are some of the important rules of discipline. Parents/Guardians are requested to direct their wards to observe the following Rules of Discipline:
- Students must attend lectures, practicals, tutorials, etc. as per the Time Table. They must not abstain themselves from classes, practicals, tutorials, examinations etc. without written permission of the Principal. Students whose attendance and/or progress in various tests and examinations is not satisfactory and who do not perform the required number of tutorials and/or practical, compulsory project work in subject are likely to lose their term. Prolonged absence even on grounds of ill health may also lead to loss of terms. Defaulters will not be sent up for University Examinations
- Defaulters list is displayed on the college notice board.
- Employed students will not be given any concession in matters of attendance or rules regarding appearance at College examinations. Suitable disciplinary action will be taken against such students. Employed students must give details of their employment on the admission form. They are expected to take admission after consulting the Principal in this regard.
- The Identity Card is meant for identifying bonafide students and is used for permitting the student to enter college campus and to participate in various activities and programs of the College. Every student must wear the Identity Card as long as he/she is in the College campus and should be displayed prominently. It must be produced by the student whenever demanded by a member of the teaching or non-teaching staff of the College. He/She must take proper care of it to avoid its misuse by other students and outsiders. In case the Identity Card is lost, the matter should be immediately reported to the Principal and a complaint should be lodged to the Police and an application with the photocopy of NC should be submitted for a duplicate Identity Card, which will be issued on payment of charges. The use of ID card belonging to another student and the lending of ID card to others is illegal and will attract suspension from College.
- The conduct of the students in the classes and in the premises of the College shall be such as will cause no disturbance to teachers, fellow students or other classes.
- Dress: Students should dress in a decent manner befitting the academic atmosphere necessary on College Campus. Sleeveless or short tops/dresses, transparent/revealing clothes shall be considered inappropriate. Dresses and trousers are expected to be at least below knee-length.
- No Society or Association shall be formed in the College and no person shall be invited on the College campus without the specific permission of the Principal. The Principal has a right to refuse such permission.
- No student is allowed to display any Notice/Circular/Poster/ Banner in the College premises without the prior permission of the Principal. Strict action will be taken against the defaulters.
- No student will be allowed to conduct any political activity in the College premises.
- Outsiders are not permitted in the College premises without the prior permission of the Principal. College students are not allowed to bring their relatives/friends to the College premises without the prior permission of the Principal. Strict action will be taken against the concerned outsider as well as the College student who is instrumental in bringing outsiders to the College premises.
- All meetings, cultural programs, debates, elocutions, etc. organized on the College premises must be held in presence of teaching staff members and with the prior permission of the Principal. The subjects of debates/elocutions must have the prior approval of the Principal.
- Students must take proper care of the College property. Strict action will be taken against the student/s damaging College property and will be required to compensate the damage.
- Students involved in malpractices at the College / Board / University Examinations will not be admitted to the College.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the College premises. The possession and/or consumption of drugs, cigarettes or alcohol on campus will result in Dismissal or Suspension, at the discretion of the Principal; Physical violence will also attract the same immediate penalty.
- If, for any reason, the continuance of a student in the College is found detrimental to the best interest of the College, the Principal may ask the student to leave the College without assigning any reasons and the decision will be final and binding on the student.
- Playing music on Transistors, Tape-recorders, Car-stereos,Mobile Telephones or any other similar gadgets with or without earphones is strictly prohibited in the College premises. Defaulters will be punished and their instrument confiscated.
- Mobile phones: These should be switched off at the Gate before entering the College. However, mobile phone may be used, if absolutely necessary and in a discreet manner, in the following fixed places only: the College Canteen, Ladies Common Room, Hostel and Car Parking area upto the Ruby Mill entrance gate.
- Students must not loiter on the College premises while the classes are at work. Boys found loitering near the Girls’ Common Room are liable for punishment.
- Students must not attend classes other than their own without the permission of the authority concerned.
- Students shall do nothing inside or outside the College that will interfere with the discipline of the College or tarnish the image of the College.
- Students are not allowed to communicate any information about College matters to the Media.
- Food and beverages can be consumed in the Canteen, the Common Room and Saawli. Students are requested not to eat in the classrooms / laboratories.
- Use of unfair means at exams: Any student detected using unfair means during tests or exams will face an Unfair Means Inquiry Committee
- constituted by the College and will be punished as per the rules of University of Mumbai.
- Study Tours can be conducted only with prior written permission from the Principal. Class picnics or outings are not permitted by the College. Parents should note that the College authorities do not assume any responsibility for picnics or outings organized by students on their own or by teachers in their personal capacity.
- Students are expected to read the notice-boards regularly, so as to ascertain their performance with regard to attendance requirements, academic performance, examinations, results and any other matter related to them.
- Matters not covered above will be decided at the discretion of the Principal.
Acts of misbehavior, misconduct, indiscipline or violation of the Rules of Discipline mentioned above are liable for one or more punishments as stated below :
- Warning to the student.
- Warning to the student as well as a letter to the parents.
- Imposition of a fine.
- Denial of gymkhana, library, laboratory, N.C.C., N. S. S., student aid or any other facility for a specified period or for the complete Term/year.
- Cancellation of Terms.
- Refusal of admission in the next term or academic year.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Expulsion from the College for a specified period.